Beautifully scented Himalayan Cedar blocks, sourced locally from KwaZulu Natal.
About Himalayan Cedar
Our products are made from 100% Himalayan Cedar wood, sourced locally. Himalayan Cedar grows in South Africa as an alien species, so no forests have been harmed in the making of this product.
All manufacturing has been done locally, therefore making this a truly South African Product.
The inner wood is aromatic and used to make incense. Inner wood is distilled into essential oil. As insects avoid this tree, the essential oil is used as insect repellent on the feet of horses, cattle and camels. It also has anti-fungal properties and has some potential for control of fungal deterioration of spices during storage. The outer bark and stem are astringent.
Due to its anti-fungal and insect repellent properties, rooms made of Cedar, (Cedrus deodara) wood are used to store meat and food grains like oats and wheat in India. People suffering from asthma or other respiratory problems are advised to sit under a Deodar tree early in the morning.
Cedar oil is also used for its aromatic properties, and has a characteristic woody odour.
- Our blocks will last forever and are safe to use with children and animals in your home as they are not poisonous, therefore a good alternative to chemicals like mothballs.
- Use in your running shoes and other shoes being worn all day, as well as fine linen, silks, clothing and lingerie
- When travelling, use them in your suitcase to protect and keep all clothing fresh and away from pests. Cedar products have natural antiseptic qualities, so are perfect for keeping away foreign bugs.
- Due to its anti-fungal and insect repellent properties, they work well in any kitchen.
- The lovely forest smell of the cedar essential oil not only refreshes your blocks and sachets, it also works well in a diffuser, humidifier and oil burner.
- Our products bring the freshness of the outdoors into your home